At UBC Okanagan, the academics of most bachelor programs can be combined with real-world, paid work placements.
Employers and community partners who hire Co-op students come from a broad range of sectors: public institutions, non-profit agencies and large corporations, to entrepreneurial start-ups and NGOs.
UBCO’s Co-op program is diverse for students too—open to undergraduate students in Arts, Engineering, Fine Arts, Human Kinetics, Management, Media Studies, and Science.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Meet your human resource needs and recruit with confidence. Our students bring energy, new ideas and innovation.
- Flexible: Hire for 4, 8 or 12 months at time, and year-round.
- Cost-effective: Placements must be paid, comparable to industry norms.
- Top Talent: Students are pre-screened and receive pre-employment training.
- Hiring Incentives: Grants can subsidize the cost of training and integrating students into positions.
Learn more about Co-op Recruitment.
Connect your education to the community or the world.
- Who: Open to third-year, full-time bachelor students with a cumulative GPA of 70%.
- How long: Three work terms (typically four months each) earn you a Co-op designation. Co-op adds one year to your undergraduate studies.
- How much: Work terms are paid; pay varies between disciplines, but should compare with industry standards.
Check out full Co-op details.