Health & Safety Requirements
Coming to campus? Please follow UBC Campus Rules to keep our community safe.
|Assess yourself daily for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus.|
|Stay home if you are sick and use the https://bcthrive.health self-assessment tool for guidance.|
|Follow on-campus signage.|
UBC has transitioned from COVID-19 Safety Plans to a Communicable Disease Prevention Framework in alignment with the BC Centre for Disease Control, WorkSafeBC, and Public Health Guidance for Post-Secondary Institutions.
We continue to employ multiple layers of protection to guard against transmission of COVID-19. Layers of protection include:
- Performing daily health self-assessments
- Staying home if feeling ill
- Practising proper respiratory etiquette
- Practising good hand hygiene
- Getting outside when possible
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces
- Managing building ventilation
- Supporting vaccination clinics, contact tracing and testing
- Adhering to Public Health Orders
It’s important to encourage our staff, students, and faculty to stay home if they are not feeling well. Staying home when you aren’t well will help you recover faster and it will also protect those around you from getting sick.
- All employees and students should monitor their health on a daily basis before attending campus.
- Employees should notify their manager as soon as possible if they are unable to attend work due to illness or if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms.