Note: Bookable by faculty or staff only.
Much of what we do administratively can be done from home. However, the University recognizes that some of the things we can do remotely can be done better done on campus, and that not being on campus for long periods of time can take a toll on individual and team wellbeing.
For these reasons, concessions have been made to support the use of space for certain types of activities on an infrequent basis. Examples of these activities include:
- Interviews and infrequent (per month) staff meetings
- Interactive workshops to support the mandate of the University (Safe Event Application required)
- Infrequent and informal staff gatherings, to support team building and morale while working remotely (Safe Event Application required).
Note: You should only book a campus space for your meeting or event if it cannot be done effectively online. If you can conduct your meetings and events remotely, please do so.
Available Spaces to Book
|Location||Reduced Occupancy Limit|
*These rooms have temporarily been made available in Outlook. Normal Central Booking Office procedures for these rooms will resume at a future date.
How to Book
Room booking requests can be placed directly through Outlook.
- Please allow 2 business days for a response.
- If your booking requires a Safe Event Plan, please attach a copy of the approval email to your request.
Let us help with:
Setup, including a pre-clean of the event location, supplemental cleaning kits for use during the event, and physical set-up if required. Place a Work Order through the Facilities Management system at least 10 days in advance to arrange
Catering, using safely pre-packaged food and drink. Contact UBCO catering at 250.807.8509 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. Note that self-serve and buffet style service are not available. Please do not bring outside food into these areas.
What we need from you:
- Keep gatherings small. Do not exceed the occupancy limit posted outside this room.
- Adhere to physical distancing requirements (2 metres apart).
- Do not add, remove, or move furniture. If your meeting or event requires setup, place a Work Order via the Facilities Management System.
- Ensure all participants are aware of and follow the UBC Campus Rules, including but not limited to masking, training and staying home if you are ill.
For more information contact Campus Operations and Risk Management at 250-807-8624 or email@example.com.