UBC strongly recommends that all UBC community members get vaccinated before returning to campus, for those who are able.
Everyone aged 12 and over in BC is eligible to be vaccinated now and vaccines will be provided to anyone in BC regardless of residency status — this includes incoming international students.
The BC provincial government has announced the introduction of the BC Vaccine Card by an order from the provincial health officer.
Starting September 13, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to access certain events, services and businesses in the province. Getting vaccinated keeps everyone in BC safe, and stops the spread of COVID-19.
The BC Vaccine Card will apply to some post-secondary campus activities such as varsity and intramural sports, student clubs and student housing. Learn more about Proof of Vaccination for UBCO Students.
In partnership with UBC Okanagan, Interior Health is offering free, drop-in COVID-19 vaccination on campus this fall.
In BC, vaccines are available to everyone aged 12 and older, including students arriving from international destinations, who can receive their vaccinations after arriving in Canada. You can learn more at https://immunizebc.ca.
- On-campus clinics are available to UBC Okanagan students, faculty, staff and anyone who works on campus.
- Vaccinations are by drop-in only. To expedite the process on-site, attendees are encouraged to pre-register and receive a confirmation number. You will not be asked to book an appointment.
- You do not need to fast. Be sure to drink water.
- Bring your photo ID and Provincial Health Number (if you have one).
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt and a mask. You will be provided a mask if you need one.
- You can bring one person with you for support.
For full details, see what to expect at the vaccine clinic.
|Monday, August 30||11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.||Nechako Open Mezzanine|
|Wednesday, September 8||11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.||ADM Foyer|
|Friday, September 17||11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m||ADM Foyer|
|Friday, October 15||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.||ADM Foyer|
The clinics are delivered by Interior Health. For more information on the clinics, email firstname.lastname@example.org.