Academic Ad Hoc Bookings
General classroom space can be booked for core/academic educational activities by “approved” Department Administrative Assistants supporting UBCO credit course scheduling.
UBCO Department Administrative Assistants may request to book space based on availability once the core academic schedule is complete and published.
Already have a booking and need to adjust or cancel? Complete the UBCO Core Academic Ad Hoc Booking Change Request Form.
UBCO faculty and staff booking space for other academic educational activities, please visit the Central Booking Office.
Core/Academic Educational Ad-hoc Booking Activities
Secondary classroom(s) space required in addition to the primary room allocation and/or multi section midterms that require a larger classroom.
*NOTE: days and times of secondary space (break out rooms) must fall within the currently scheduled class meeting time
A deferred exam is an exam written at a later date
*NOTE: Dean’s office approval is required to request space for deferred examinations
Alternate final exam day and time scheduled to accommodate students with exam hardships, direct exam clashes, medical or emotional accommodations and religious accommodations etc.
*NOTE: Dean’s office approval is required to request space for out-of-time final examinations
Courses holding mid-term exams outside of the regularly scheduled class time.
*NOTE: Dean’s office approval is required to request space for out-of-time midterm examinations
**Requests for out-of-time midterms must be submitted prior to the start of the term in which the normally scheduled class occurs.
Additional information for scheduling mid-term examinations can be found on the Academic Scheduling website.
Make-up class as a result of unexpected instructor absence and class cancellation. NOTE: student attendance is optional with no impact on students.
*NOTE: Dean’s office approval is required to request space for make-up classes if attendance is mandatory and will impact students
An exam provided in addition to the usual exams for a course
*NOTE: Dean’s office approval is required to request space for supplemental examinations
How to submit a request:
- Use the UBCO Online Timetable Web Server to check room availability before submitting your booking request:
- Complete the UBCO Core Academic Ad Hoc Booking Request Form
- You will receive an email confirming details of the booking request for your review
- You will receive an email confirmation once the booking request has been confirmed
- Room bookings are scheduled to begin and end on the hour or half-hour. Your booking should end 10 minutes prior to the scheduled end time to allow for transition to the next booking.
- Booking Timelines
- UBCO Online Timetable Web Server User Guide
- Learning Spaces
- General Use Space with Capacity
- Policy UP9 – Booking and Rental of UBC Space: see University Counsel Policies
- UBC’s Respectful Environment Statement; see Human Resources
- Policy UP8 – Posting of Notices, Posters and Signs; see University Counsel Policies