An evening with a Canadian Olympic champion and lush samplings from the Okanagan’s finest chefs, wineries, craft breweries and cideries.
Saturday, October 20, 2018
UBC’s Okanagan Campus
6 p.m. Jon Montgomery; 7 p.m. Reception
Open to everyone—community, UBC alumni (Vancouver and Okanagan) and UBC faculty and staff.
Celebrate the riches of autumn in the Okanagan at Nourish, the signature event of UBC Okanagan’s first-ever Homecoming weekend.
Begin your evening by enjoying an inspiring talk by Jon Montgomery, Olympic gold medallist in skeleton and host of The Amazing Race Canada. Then stay for a harvest-themed reception featuring the delectable delights of the Okanagan Valley’s finest executive chefs and Kelowna’s premier pâtissière.
Nourish Harvest Reception
Indulge in the mouth-watering creations of local restauranteurs, winemakers, craft brewers and cider producers. There will be 20 stations of tapas and tastings to choose from.
- Brock Bowes
- Ross Derrick—The Table at Codfathers
- Mark Filatow, Executive Chef & Sommelier—Waterfront Wines and Catering
- Jeremy Luypen, Executive Winery Chef—Summerhill Pyramid Winery
- Darren Kashin, Chef—CRAFT Beer Market
- Kai Korroll—Block One Restaurant at 50th Parallel
- Sandrine Martin-Raffault, Pâtissière—Sandrine French Pastry and Chocolate
- Melissa Masters and Nigel King
- Adam Relvas—Relvas Catering
Featured Wineries, Breweries & Cideries
About Jon Montgomery
Jon Montgomery delighted Canadians by winning Gold at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. The now infamous video of Montgomery wearing his gold medal and drinking a pitcher of beer while walking through the streets of Whistler surrounded by screaming fans is sure to go down in Canadian lore. He appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show and auctioned off Justin Bieber’s cell phone number to a delighted Juno-award audience.
Now, as host of The Amazing Race Canada, he is a charming ambassador for our country’s most beautiful sights. Genuinely funny and always inspiring, Montgomery will share his Olympic journey and important lessons on teamwork, leadership, and dreaming big.
Buy Your Tickets Today!
Tickets are just $50 per person; includes
- motivational talk by Jon Montgomery
- mix-and-mingle reception with 10 tapas stations featuring Kelowna’s finest chefs and restauranteurs
- complimentary individual live edge wood serving tray locally sourced from BC Coastal Grilling Planks
- unlimited tastings at 10 stations featuring Okanagan wines, craft brews and ciders
- networking with UBC friends including: Professor Santa J. Ono, UBC’s President and Vice-Chancellor and Professor Deborah Buszard, UBC Okanagan’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal
- And much more!
This is a 19+ event. All guests must bring two pieces of ID (one with a photo).
Please celebrate responsibly. Consider taking transit, carpooling or taking a taxi.