RESEARCH AROUND UBCO
Latest Research Headlines
- UBCO researcher recommends systematic approach to forest and water supply management
- Declining caribou population victim of ecological chain reaction
- Keeping up with the charge to develop better batteries
- International team to provide at-home training for patients with diabetes
- UBCO’s substance use clinic accepting new patients virtually
More Research News
A DECADE OF GROWTH AND DISCOVERY
Our faculty don’t just pursue their passions. They ignite ideas and challenge our thinking. Explore research in UBCO’s faculties.
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Irving K. Barber
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Applied Science, School of Engineering
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Medicine, Southern Medical Program
- Faculty of Science, Irving K. Barber
Search for a researcher in the UBC Experts Guide.
Grants to ethics. Proposal to product— everything you need to administer your research.
Interdisciplinary teams of professors and students are taking on challenges and delivering outcomes.
Setting the strategy for UBC Okanagan’s next decade of discovery.
Our downtown Innovation Hub provides the UBC community space to interact with Kelowna’s innovation network.
Access journals, databases, books, media—over 7.8 million items. Explore what’s new in UBC research.
THE TALE OF TWO HOMES
STUDYING SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP
How can we build sustainable, greener homes? Bring together UBC Okanagan, NSERC, Wilden, AuthenTech Homes, GeoTility, Okanagan College and FortisBC for the Wilden Living Lab joint research project.
A “home of today” constructed to the standard residential building code. A “home of tomorrow” equipped with cutting-edge energy-efficient technologies. A family living in each, and a team of UBC engineers using sensors to monitor and compare energy-use patterns over three years.