RESEARCH AROUND UBCO
Latest Research Headlines
- Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic, says UBC prof
- UBCO professor simplifies exercise advice for spinal cord injury
- Say goodbye to power outages, says UBC Okanagan engineer
- UBC Okanagan awarded Industrial Research Chair in advanced resource recovery from wastewater
- When it comes to conservation, ditch the ‘canary in the coal mine’
More Research News
A DECADE OF GROWTH AND DISCOVERY
Our faculty don’t just pursue their passions. They ignite ideas and challenge our thinking. Explore research in UBCO’s faculties.
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Applied Science, School of Engineering
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Medicine, Southern Medical Program
Search for a researcher in the UBC Experts Guide.
Grants to ethics. Proposal to product— everything you need to administer your research.
Interdisciplinary teams of professors and students are taking on challenges and delivering outcomes.
Setting the strategy for UBC Okanagan’s next decade of discovery.
Our downtown Innovation Hub provides the UBC community space to interact with Kelowna’s innovation network.
Access journals, databases, books, media—over 7.8 million items. Explore what’s new in UBC research.
THE TALE OF TWO HOMES
STUDYING SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP
How can we build sustainable, greener homes? Bring together UBC Okanagan, NSERC, Wilden, AuthenTech Homes, GeoTility, Okanagan College and FortisBC for the Wilden Living Lab joint research project.
A “home of today” constructed to the standard residential building code. A “home of tomorrow” equipped with cutting-edge energy-efficient technologies. A family living in each, and a team of UBC engineers using sensors to monitor and compare energy-use patterns over three years.